I got hit with the flu bug. I was at work yesterday and started feeling funny but kept telling myself that it was from eating late the night before. But while checking on one of the residents, I felt so nauseas.
I was supposed to go to break but decided I better just go home and I told them to find a replacement for me today because I knew something bad was coming on and the flu had been going around work so I was sure that was what I was getting.
Sure enough I was right. I hadn't even got 10 minutes away from work and I stopped at a green light at an intersection, opened the door and lost my breakfast. lol I was on the phone the whole time with my husband and I couldn't stop crying because I was so sick and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it home without stopping 100 times.
I finally did make it home and just laid in bed until today. I was miserable. My legs ached, I was running to the bathroom constantly. Thankfully my wonderful husband had the night off and was taking care of me. He went to the store for so drowsy NyQuil (sp?) and bought me some 7-UP. I lived off saltines and 7-UP for over a day.
My stomach muscles ache but I am slowly starting to feel better. I am glad I have tomorrow off because I would have to call off again because I am not 100% better. I feel like I have been hit by a truck.
Thanks for all your prayers and I hope none of you get this! Believe me, it was horrible.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay, a Vanessa post!
I didn't get the flu, but I did get food poisoning last Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon. It was HORRIBLE. I pray that's the last time I ever throw up again. UGH. I'm glad we both have husbands to take care of us though! Shannon was able to stay home from school to make sure I didn't die.
Ugh, I'm so glad you are better! I hate having the flu! I am glad you updated!!
Aww. I'm glad you are feeling better now though! :)
Post a Comment